Vault
Superior yields through risk tranching and leverage
Vault, also called Gro Vault Token i.e. GVT, is the second of the sister assets supported by Gro Risk Balancer. It is designed to be the highest-yield stablecoin vault on the market through getting a share of yields from PWRD deposits (see Profit-Sharing Mechanism) and in return offers protection to PWRD when an underlying stablecoin or protocol fails. This means Vault holders absorb market failures, but also gain a higher percentage of yields.
Gro Risk Balancer and the pairing with PWRD means that Vault holders can leverage their capital in battle-hardened, popular, and time-tested stablecoins and protocols without increasing exposure to the highly risky DeFi products with similar yield. The only added exposure is to Gro Protocol itself.
Vault is a token representation of your stablecoin yield farming through Gro. Its yields are accrued back into the token itself and it is NOT designed as a stablecoin.
Vault's value could drop when one of the underlying protocols or stablecoins generating yield fails as it absorbs loss for itself and PWRD deposits. That means Vault's exposure is not only limited to the system exposure but also the leverage it takes on through PWRD, which is measured by the utilisation ratio (PWRD TVL/Vault TVL) displayed on Gro dApp.
Vault is ideal for users who don't have either the time or the stomach to manage funds on a daily basis in untested, risky, high-yield products. It is designed to be a long-term, high yield investment. Risk Balancer autonomously balances the underlying strategies (whitelisted by the DAO from May 2022 onwards) and distributes yields from trading fees and governance incentives accordingly.
In addition, you can stake Vault tokens for Gro DAO token (GRO) rewards. Vault tokens will continue to accrue stablecoin yield when staked. It is your choice whether to stake the Vault tokens by itself (single-sided) or pair that with GRO in the GRO/Vault pool, but note that the latter would incur impermanent losses.
GRO token rewards through staking or providing liquidity would need to be claimed. Once they are claimed, you could choose vesting over 12 months with the full amount with additional vesting bonus or transfer 30% of them to wallet (giving up remaining 70% to those who choose vesting). Please see Pools and Rewardsto learn more.
You can also use the vesting GRO tokens to vote in Gro DAO governance. See Governancefor more details.
Copy link